Friday, October 27

New Mexico

I crossed into New Mexico on I-10 this morning. My first point of interest was the Shakespeare ghost town, at the end of a dirt road off of Main St in Lordsburg, but it seemed to be closed and anyway didn't look very interesting, so I skipped that. I stopped briefly in Deming. There's a lot I'd like to see in this state but I don't have time to see everything.
I'm in Las Cruces now, eating a snack lunch at Sonic. I've never been to Sonic before, it's pretty good. I'll head towards Roswell next, then north to the major cities. I'll be camping tonight.

I thought my gas mileage would improve after the tuneup, but it's actually gotten a lot worse. I started running out of gas after only 100 miles, and then filled up 4 gallons, so something's not right, but I don't know what.

The weather's fantastic, warm and clear skies. The radar shows a storm off in the east, so hopefully that'll be gone by the time I get there.

2 Comments:

At 10/28/2006 2:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ben-
You finally got to see a ghost town! Cool!

 
At 10/28/2006 2:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The previous post is from your cousins Debbie and Shari checking in on you!
Glad you had beautiful weather!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home