Tuesday, October 17

A Lesson in Preparedness

When I set in last night, the ground was dry, the sky was clear and there was no wind to speak of. So I tied down my bike cover very lightly and left my stove and utensils on the picnic table. But at 4 AM I was woken by a full-blown thunderstorm, and realized the bike cover had probably blown off and the stuff on the table blown away. So I put on my raingear (which I had luckily brought into the tent) and tightened down the cover, collected the utensils and secured them on the table. My tent's rain cover has never failed me yet, so I should stay dry inside my tent. I'm a little concerned that if the ground gets too wet, the bike's sidestand will sink in and the bike will fall, but it seems ok so far. I'll try to go back to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home