Monday, September 25

Too little time in Minneapolis

Minneapolis is my favorite American city so far. The people are chill, there's no stuck up east coast attitude, there's water everywhere, the whole vibe is great. I didn't see a single overweight person downtown, which says a lot. (Readers may wonder why I care so much what the ratio of overweight people in a city is, but I think it reflects a lot. People who feel alive don't sit on the couch eating doritos for year, or whatever it takes to gain 300 pounds.) I met a biker at Lake Calhoun who used to live in Scottsdale, AZ but now lives in Minneapolis. I mentioned that it's the best city I've been to so far. "I try," he said... Try to get that from a Bostonian, if you can get one to look you in the eye for enough time to start a conversation. I wish I could stay longer, but I have a deadline to get to San Francisco to see Tristyn, so I couldn't stay for longer. I'll definitely come back. Maybe I'll grow my hair again and move to Minneapolis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home