Friday, September 29

Ten Sleep, Wyoming

It was 35 degrees this morning, the sun was shining and the sky was clear. I wanted to light my stove, but I couldn't get any of my lighters to work because of the cold. Lawrence was awake in the next campsite and had a nice fire going already, so I used fire from there to start the stove, and then he gave me a spare box of matches for the future. (I thought three regular lighters and a zippo would make matches unnecessary but I was clearly wrong.) My toes were numb so I warmed them up over his fire too. As I packed up, two deers passed the campsite and little squirrels chased each other in the trees.
The next town, Ten Sleep, was 45 miles west, while the previous town, Buffalo, was about 15 miles east. I needed go to west but didn't know if I had enough gas, because the bike was burning so much at altitude. Lawrence was heading west anyway, so he offered to follow me in his pickup in case I ran out of gas, and we set out for Ten Sleep.
After stopping a few times to take pictures of the incredible scenery, we got to Ten Sleep, I got fuel and Lawrence went on his way. Now I'm at a picnic table by the gas station in Ten Sleep, and I'll continue west shortly.

1 Comments:

At 9/29/2006 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am surprised that you use more gas at higher altitude. Your caburetor proably needs adjustment for the higher altitude.
Sab

 

Post a Comment

<< Home